ADVANTAGES OF THE NANOMAG HEAVY DUTY ALTERNATORS
There is a “conventional wisdom” that a generator set provide for use with non- linear load must have a geometrical oversize-factor 2 up to 5 X the nominal capacity. Problem with that directive is that there is no fixed consensus in industry of the exact need, verily a little technical basis for recommendation for over-sizing issue. With as little as a “two times” derating factor, even if the load is successfully operated, the over-sizing of the generator set can result in unnecessarily high installation and equipment costs, excess facility space requirements and design costs, and potential operating and service problems with the alternator set from under-loading the engine on the generator set.
Non-linear loads require a higher degree of stability than linear loads at generator set. This non-linear load is responsible for flow-pulsations by a pulsating functioning on the electronic fuel pump, with possibly an oscillating behavior of the complete generator. That makes the problem only worse, because as most generators now are equipped with a controller which will shut down the generator by reason of irregular frequencies. What’s more the possible impact of the not-linear loads on the tension can result in heating- impact and shortens the lifetime in both the engine and the alternator.
The most of generator manufacturers recommend for this reasons that only 2/3 of the capacity of alternator can become used, to prevent this potential problem.
It’s recommended that the deviation will be not higher as 0.5 hertz/second. When the alternator is in load function, it is not unusual that dead moments appear with tension falls up to 10-15 hertz for short periods. A generator is finally not an equivalent of the grid system and it cannot get the equal performances of exactly same properties, with a scoop the difference in disturbance on the sinus between a generator and the grid-system can be easily seen.
If we take a look on the asynchronous E-motors, we see an additional problem of the starting current, up to 5 x the nominal capacity of the E-motor. By air compressors this starting current is even bigger to bridge the pressure in the receiver of 8 or 10 bar already. By tower cranes we see the similar problems especially when loading near the highest capacity. These 2 samples are only top of iceberg of the problems what might occur by using the conventional generators.
The patented NANOMAG brushless synchronous alternator settles up with its former shortcomings. (Shortness on power excitation). And has a much higher COS phi of 1.0.
The result is a NANOMAG alternator with an acceptable more-price compare to the conventional alternator or even cheaper if we take in consideration that we need less power to get more. This results in the ultimate solution for the non-linear load, a solution for an old well-known technological problem, since the appearance of the traditional alternators.
The NANOMAG alternators testifying of extremely prime electric performances, paired to a perfect active & reactive capacity, giving the result of which the capacitive and inductive load eliminating all today short comes!
Where the existing PMG technology has a range of positive technical aspects like: brushless, simple structure, smaller housing, lighter in weight, high output power, high efficiency, etc., the main problem was the need of an expensive inverter to control the PMG. These problems have now found a solution with the unique NanoMag technology. As a result, this technology cleanup all the known shortcomings, aswel in the conventional wound alternators.
In summary these are the exclusive features of Nanomag Alternators:
- Magnetic energy conversion is 150% higher as the conventional alternator
- Inductive load capacity is 250% higher as the conventional standard
- Superior dynamic performance in order to start asynchronous motors (100%)
- 50% less fuel consumption save energy and environment
- Overload ability: by 1 hour at 120% rate, full load at 100% more as 50 hours
- Infinite frequency conversion keep motor torque constant
- No AVR, no brushes, non-rectifier, no slip ring, no inverter, reducing cost of owning
- Save weight 25% less as conventional alternators
- Housing reduced by 30%
- Shell material: high-quality cast iron & high quality alloy
- Execution by choice: IP23, IP44, IP55 or IP62
- quality NdFeB, magnetic, operates to 150 C° grants the magnet capability + 20 years
- Insulation class : H
- Field wiring isolation withstands 180 C°
- Very good third harmonic, stable conduction, good overload capacity, can stand thermal shock, and wet environment
- High-quality silicon steel used
- H degree silicone resin insulation paint, good thermal conductivity, good electrical insulation, good adhesion, high mechanical strength,
- can effectively reduce the noise generated by electromagnetic effects
- Good moisture anti corrosion capacity
- Maintenance free and dust-free high standard ball bearing
- Improving the efficiency and prevent magnet damage by inlaid structure of rotor
- High efficiency stator design
- Standard SAE plate connection
- Rated voltage 350 – 460 Volt
- Rated frequency: 45 -60 HZ
- Rated speed 1350 – 1800 rpm
- Low internal resistance, low temperature +25 C°
- Adjustable voltage between 0 and 480 Volt